End of Semester Updates

The end of the semester is upon us. The days are getting shorter, the chickens are going to bed earlier, and the students are departing for a well-earned month of rest.

I would like to thank everyone who came to the Farm for an event, for a stroll, or to volunteer this semester. The Farm would not continue without your support and love for the place. We are taking a break from volunteer hours during the college’s winter break, but we will return the week of January 15th. I am excited to announce that beginning next semester, we will have volunteer hours Thursday afternoons 3-5pm for students, faculty/staff, and community members in addition to our normal Saturday volunteer hours. We’ve had a lot of interest in volunteering this semester, and we want to make that opportunity more available to everyone.

Our beekeeping workshop last month was a huge success, and we hope to have another one in the spring, so stay tuned for e-mails and Facebook events. Also, if you have farm-related knowledge or a skill that you would be interested in sharing at the Farm via a workshop or talk, please e-mail me and let me know!

Have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year! I hope to see many of you around the Farm in 2018!

Mary Alice